Check out my Q&A with Chicago publicist David Nobel
I recently got a chance to head back to sweet home
Here is my 6 degrees of separation on how I met the amazing David Nobel. For my Spring 2010 campaign look book called Boy Meets Musician Girl (can check out here) one of the amazing artists featured was Eunice 'Zera' Quiñones (twitter @EunicitaQ) with Dorian Grey( twitter @NickSlay) .
Through Zera & Nick ... David Nobel was introduced to me. And it is with great pleasure that I introduce you to Chicago's amazing Publicist David Nobel (you can follow David on twitter here @davidakadin)
1. What is the most rewarding and most challenging part of being a publicist?
Personally for me I love to see the pitches become media placements if they are blogs, TV, radio or online. I respect all media on the same level. Maybe it’s because I came from the other side, meaning editorial, as I was the Executive Editor of The PUB Report, thepubreport.com for about 8 years. That is where I made all my contacts with publicists all across the nation and then In 2007 I became their colleague when I launched DLN Marketing Communications and Consulting – DLN MCC.
I would say the most challenging thing about publicity is the initial pitch especially when you are trying to sell a media person a story about your client. I love challenges and I love taking something no one knows anything about and making it news worthy to media. Many don’t realize press is an important component in a new campaign. Any product whether it be a new recording artist, new product launch, a play, book or whatever, needs to be positioned through aggressive grassroot efforts so they can brand themselves within the marketplace. It’s very key and crucial to have that element but a dynamic marketing plan needs to be in place along with other factors.
2. You mentioned some great places to check out stylists and stores in
4. What is your favorite fashion staple? I am simple. I love jeans especially distressed or ripped jeans (not exaggerated), classic white shirt or oxford, loafers suede or leather. Also I like T-Shirts that have a statements or a picture of an icon especially music artists. I have some with 2Pac, Method Man, Bob Marley and Janet from her Infamous cover Janet.
5. Tell us more about some of the clients you represent?
- Drew Sidora is an all-around entertainer and entrepreneur who has enormous talent and is just the beginning with her career as she has released her debut singles to the world. Goteamdrew.com
- FlyNerd AKA Kevin Hill is an extremely creative and gifted designer and stylist who is very visionary for the future of fashion. flynerdonline.com
- Mary Datcher is a marketing music maven that has artist management , record promotions and events planning experience. She produces a huge music conference called Global Mixx and an industry mixer called Collabo. (collabomusicindustry.com)
Thank you David. Stay tune for my future collaborations with David and some of his clients.
Have a Beautiful Weekend. -DjDaisyDeesh-Aka Stacy