DROID X by MOTOROLA
night night. promise heading to bed now dj blue steel :)
I recently got a chance to head back to sweet home
Here is my 6 degrees of separation on how I met the amazing David Nobel. For my Spring 2010 campaign look book called Boy Meets Musician Girl (can check out here) one of the amazing artists featured was Eunice 'Zera' Quiñones (twitter @EunicitaQ) with Dorian Grey( twitter @NickSlay) .
Through Zera & Nick ... David Nobel was introduced to me. And it is with great pleasure that I introduce you to Chicago's amazing Publicist David Nobel (you can follow David on twitter here @davidakadin)
1. What is the most rewarding and most challenging part of being a publicist?
Personally for me I love to see the pitches become media placements if they are blogs, TV, radio or online. I respect all media on the same level. Maybe it’s because I came from the other side, meaning editorial, as I was the Executive Editor of The PUB Report, thepubreport.com for about 8 years. That is where I made all my contacts with publicists all across the nation and then In 2007 I became their colleague when I launched DLN Marketing Communications and Consulting – DLN MCC.
I would say the most challenging thing about publicity is the initial pitch especially when you are trying to sell a media person a story about your client. I love challenges and I love taking something no one knows anything about and making it news worthy to media. Many don’t realize press is an important component in a new campaign. Any product whether it be a new recording artist, new product launch, a play, book or whatever, needs to be positioned through aggressive grassroot efforts so they can brand themselves within the marketplace. It’s very key and crucial to have that element but a dynamic marketing plan needs to be in place along with other factors.
2. You mentioned some great places to check out stylists and stores in
4. What is your favorite fashion staple? I am simple. I love jeans especially distressed or ripped jeans (not exaggerated), classic white shirt or oxford, loafers suede or leather. Also I like T-Shirts that have a statements or a picture of an icon especially music artists. I have some with 2Pac, Method Man, Bob Marley and Janet from her Infamous cover Janet.
5. Tell us more about some of the clients you represent?
- Drew Sidora is an all-around entertainer and entrepreneur who has enormous talent and is just the beginning with her career as she has released her debut singles to the world. Goteamdrew.com
- FlyNerd AKA Kevin Hill is an extremely creative and gifted designer and stylist who is very visionary for the future of fashion. flynerdonline.com
- Mary Datcher is a marketing music maven that has artist management , record promotions and events planning experience. She produces a huge music conference called Global Mixx and an industry mixer called Collabo. (collabomusicindustry.com)
Thank you David. Stay tune for my future collaborations with David and some of his clients.
Have a Beautiful Weekend. -DjDaisyDeesh-Aka Stacy
Information on Wayúu Tayá:
1. see my recent post on the amazing Patricia Velasquez click here
2. The Wayúu Tayá Foundation is a 501(c)3 non governmental, nonprofit organization founded in 2002 to help improve the lives of Latin-American indigenous communities while maintaining and respecting their traditions, culture and beliefs. Click here to learn more about the organization.
3. You can also follow the Wayúu Tayá Facebook here.
4. follow Patricia on her twitter at @Wayuuprincess & the foundation at @Wayuutaya.
5. You can check out more on the recent 7th Annual Wayúu Tayá Gala Event here
and fun pictures of me and Patricia and the amazing guests who attended the Gala here.
a. Wire Image
d. Getty Images
e. Getty Images
6. And not only have I been rocking these amazing bags but also Katy Perry. Check it out here
xo and thanks for spreading the love. Stacy
On my recent Birthday(this past May) Dj Michelle (my amazing assistant) gave me a very special note and a beautiful china set with butterflies all over. Dj Michelle and I have weekly creative sessions(very important!) and each week we discuss new ideas for different projects going on in the world of StacyIgel.com. After receiving my amazing vintage china set we discussed how china can be used in many ways. So today I give you DIY Jewelry Organizer extraordinaire miss DJ Michelle. Cheers, Dj Daisy Deesh
putting all your jewelry back onto your dresser in an organized and neat manner after this Holiday weekend.
Dj Michelle results-
In an effort to change it up a bit, I decided to do a little DIY project with my jewelry collection and finally organize it.
My mom has these gorgeous vintage china tea cups that I instantly fell in love with. Anything vintage makes my heart leap a beat(as well as Dj Daisy Deesh's) and the delicate flower designs are a definitely a plus.
The blue tea cup is the perfect shape for my watch to fit around it.
These pearls and pink tea cup add a touch of girly-girl to my usually laid back style.
Rings are by far one of my favorite pieces to wear, and this plate is great for holding all of them.
This is my favorite tea cup because of the gorgeous yellow and blue print. I added the maroon toned necklaces to give it an extra pop.
Next time you need to organize your books, cd's, scarves, etc. look for things around the house you can use. You never know what you might find! xo,Michelle
I found the below picture in my research on Ali MacGraw. I had a recent post that was called what is old is new again. This picture is from Glamour UK Sept08 by Chris Craymer and from a blog post by wishxoxo posted on 10.11.09 ww