My Tips: How to make and KEEP your New Year's Resolutions all year long
January 8, 2013
Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe it's already 2013! I love starting a new year because everything seems fresh and new (including my new blog design! :)) ) One thing I like to try and do every year is write out my New Year's resolutions and goals I have for myself for the year. I wanted to share with you all some of my tips for writing your own New Year's resolutions and for actually keeping them ALL year long (which I am going to try my best to do too :))!
1. Make them realistic and attainable...don't start saying I wanna lose 25 pounds in a week! That's not possible! Say something like "I wanna treat my body better, and eat more veggies, drink more water, and be more active" This way you don't feel defeated and just give up all together
2. Write them down! Don't just think them up in your head. Seeing them written down will make them feel more real or try using your smart phone notes to put them down! Commit to them!
3. Create a plan! Set mini deadlines. If your goal is to learn how to cook, research what it's going to take and set a plan for what skills you need to achieve that resolution. For example you can't just start with making a 5 course meal if you've never cooked before, you need to have baby steps.
Here are my resolutions for 2013:
1. work out once during the week (treadmill or run outside) & once on the weekend (ideally weekend Physique57 or Core Fusion or Soul Cycle or Fly Wheel. i want to change it up with these type of classes that I love and commit to them)
2. prepare lunches on days I don't have lunch meetings3. make sure Wyclef teaches me how to play guitar again (that is going to be a hard one but going to work hard on it lol!)
What are your resolutions for 2013?! Tell me in the comments!