Midnight Inspirations: Book Review: You Knew Me When, by Emily Liebert
January 14, 2014
Over the Christmas holiday, I finally got to read You Knew Me When, Emily Liebert’s hotly anticipated follow-up to Facebook Fairytales. I tend to save books for when I go on vacation, because there is nothing better on god’s green earth than sitting in the sun, sipping a pina colada, and just READING… from sunrise to sunset. It is a feeling of pure relaxation, especially when your book is a page turner that you just can’t put down. And this was indeed the case with Emily’s latest.
Ohhh, and if you’re wondering why I have a picture of the Zoya® nail polish trio above, it’s because Emily is a woman after my own heart. Emily is not just a tremendous writer, but also an outside-the-box thinker and businesswoman too. She did something neat to help promote the book; she partnered up with Zoya to offer this exclusive nail polish with colors inspired by three of the characters in the book -- Luella Hancock, Laney Marten and Katherine Hill. The trio set is sold exclusively on Zoya’s website. Love it. After reading the book and getting to know the characters, can you guess which shade is my favorite?
I don’t want to tell you too much about the book, but here are some of my favorite quotes from the book:
1. Describing Katherine: “She probably wears tight acid-washed jeans and tortoiseshell sunglasses.” (page 42)
2. Describing Luella: "Luella had been one of a kind, no doubt about it. She was the sort of person you could never truly appreciate in the moment, but years later, once she was gone, you wished you'd paid better attention, soaked in a little more of her...je ne sais quoi." (page 203)
3. Telling detail about Katherine: “Drakkar Noir ....It's become an aphrodisiac for me, which can be dangerous, considering it's one of the most popular colognes on the market." (page 241)
4. About Laney and Kitty: "Laney had very carefully and creatively replaced the word ‘vodka’ with ‘best friends’, so it read, "Absolut Best Friends." (page 156)
5. Luella's note: "My final wish is that you'll each find true happiness in your lives separately and together. Every woman needs a best friend or a sister." (page 308)
**Note: My favorite quote was on Page 161, but if I give it to you, I will spoil one of my favorite moments of the book so just remember when you get to this page to let me know you felt the same way!**
For a review of the book and more information about the author, visit her website here or go to Amazon.